The track is still hidden well, a relatively isolated toll road deep in the Carinthian mountains in Austria. Here it is: the village of Gmünd, the birthplace of Porsche car production.
While father Ferdinand Porsche was still in prison in France, son Ferry Porsche had taken over leadership of the company. Under its construction number 356 in 1948, he had developed the first sports car carrying the family name. Thanks to the Porsche Museum Gmünd the old workshop has remained intact and been restored.
Devolopment on the first car started here on 17 July 1947 with the first test drive of 356 starting here on 8 June 1948. We find the Porsche Museum Gmünd who make a point about moving their vehicles frequently.